09-22-2020, 10:54 PM   #285
Avaley
Captain
Rep
Drives: f32 430ix & 982 GT4 PDK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
You and I are in the same boat. Porsches just keep getting more and more expensive. I remember when the 981 came out around 2013 the MSRP on a reasonably equipped one wasn't bad. But now, the same car with a 4 banger (718) is priced astronomically. A Boxster S with premium pkg, PDK, and slightly upgraded wheels is like $87k.

That leaves the M2, Giulia QF, and Supra as the only more reasonably priced "premium" fun cars.

If only Porsche would produce a smaller version of the Panamera and price it like an A7/CLS...That would be the perfect car for me.

The 00s were the good old days. If you wanted a fun coupe BMW had the E82 1-series and E92 3-series. If you needed 4 doors and more luxury you had the E90 and E60. The E70 was the perfect family crossover that was engaging to drive at any speed. Even with the base engines these cars felt engineered in a league of their own. The 987 Boxster and 997 911 weren't unreasonably expensive either...

Silly that a turbo 4 costs that much when you can get a BMW turbo 4 for half as much....but i hear that China sales / new buyers means that model is around to stay.

"8-speed M Steptronic automatic transmission with Drivelogic:
Three automatic and three manual modes are available – comfort oriented, sporty and track focused
Manual mode downshifts to lowest gear possible by pulling the left steering wheel paddle while pressing down on the throttle"

RIP DCT....and now it seems that Porsche will be one of the few offering a true dual clutch transmission....

The transmission is the M8HP76, I wonder how this performs after the german magic, I would personally prefer a DCT, but i thought I would hate the ZF8 but have grown to like it...anyone have any insight into how the trans stacks up vs F8x DCT?
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9750.50