M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
Maybe BMW / its dealers could start collecting deposits to see how many of us are serious potential buyers? If they end up bringing it here, we buy the car. If not, they would refund our deposit. I'd put down $1,000 or possibly more if it was closer to the potential on-sale date to show how much real demand there is (vs. how many people voted for G81 in the poll just for the heck of it).
I agree, and I mentioned this idea on the first page as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Pilot View Post
Not sure if this is such a crazy idea from the corporate's point of view but BMW USA could also start an initiative to gauge the interest. They can basically accept small amount of refundable deposit for the G81 via the BMW USA website with certain terms and conditions (i.e. they reserve the right to make a decision at any time to not bring it here, meaning just because you left a deposit doesn't mean it will for sure be offered in the US). A refundable deposit is still not a hard commitment but I think it would be a step further in terms of seeing how serious people are. Just an idea...
As long as BMW officially confirms that it'll be offered here, I would be even willing to put a non-refundable deposit.
Appreciate 0