View Single Post
      03-12-2020, 02:23 PM   #139
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Rumor has it the G87 M2's grille dimensions will be similar to that of the M235i Grand Coup.
It is best to ignore that rumor at this stage in the game. Autocar made the claim that the G42 will follow the styling of the F44. But it's an utterly baseless conclusion. The two are not likely to be any similar than any of today's BMW passenger cars are to one another. The G42 is a distinct model and it will be given its own identity. SCOTT has mentioned the 3.0 CSL Homage in the past as a possible hint of what to expect for the G42/G87. While that leaves a lot of room for interpretation, its likely to be a better first step at guessing what the G42 might look like than arbitrarily trying to bend the styling of the FWD FAAR based F44 onto the RWD CLAR platform. I mean that just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Sure, the grill might look like that, but it might look like a hundred other grills too. Certainly the rest of the car will not be proportioned anything like the F44, so why copy the grill? It's not a logical place to start the guesswork, and I believe in time you'll see Autocar renege on their prediction.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9107.50