View Single Post
      05-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #1072
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GymNut View Post
Granted but the plenty that you say is more like vast minority of total individuals that buy these cars.
That "vast minority" is exactly the market that keeps aftermarket companies - and there are many of them - afloat.

Quote:
An exhaust is one thing, which is something I always mod when I buy a car, but you can't compare that to replacing a hood or front end look. Even price wise.
But then what you do should not be confused with the behavior of the overall market. And, actually, when exhaust systems can cost as much as $5k, the price comparison is not completely out of line. Wheels are another very pricey item that people buy a car not liking, knowing they will spend thousands upgrading.

Another way to look at it: there is a 100% chance there will be aftermarket hoods and bumpers for the G80. That much is a given. My point is, if the OEM grills are disliked by enough people, at least one such bumper/hood will be designed with a different grill entirely, and the one from the G20 would make the most sense to borrow.

Anyway, thanks for your opinions, but we're not going to debate the viability of the aftermarket parts business any further in this thread.
Appreciate 2
Fhey454.50
JTO245279.00