View Single Post
      03-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #87
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

A year or two ago I saw the trend that BMW was on and had my doubts. Since then I always told people that BMW is going the route of American auto makers of yesteryear by offering too mang lines with little distinction between them. Not exactly sure what their strategy is but having too many lines and making them so affordable (for the lower end models) will make BMWs such a common commodity that will come back and bite them.

As such, I have been wishing that they would narrow down their offerings. It keeps things simple for consumers and also allows BMW to focus on making great vehicles again. When a company spreads itself across too many of the same thing, it puts itself at risk. I mean, even though I am knowledgeable about BMW, I do find myself overwhelmed by the amount of models BMW has:2,3,4,5,6,7,8(upcoming),X1,X2(upcoming),X3,X4, X5,X6,X7(upcoming),M2,M3,M4,M5,M6,M7(?),i3,i5(?),i 8, and different variants within each of those product lines. It's way too much and they really, really should narrow it down and make it a more focused company.

IMO they should have the followings:
1/2 series: small compact series offering coupe and sedans (or GC
3: iconic so can't get rid of it; offering somewhat compact sedans and coupes (I don't know if we can call it compact)
5: mid size
6/8: grand touring coupes and G
7: full size executive saloons
X1: small compact SAV
X2: this is a maybe if there's enough differentiation
X3: maybe combine with X2 line
X5: mid size SAV, probably should offer regular and "coupe" version
X7: full size SAV
Ms: keep them as they are or combine 3 & 4
I: keep them as they are

Last edited by BMW F22; 03-17-2017 at 11:04 AM..
Appreciate 0