Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilb View Post
All that work, and Sirius still sucks. Audio quality worse than radio. Surprised artwork was that important to you.
Wasn't just the artwork, but it does prove that there are some updated components in the newer NBT units.

It really wasn't a lot of work anyway, takes less than 30 minutes to swap the NBTs around, if that.

And I already had the knowledge to make the used NBT a virgin so I can program it with my VIN and load my FSC codes into the unit. Coding was simple as well.

Plus I can usually find NBT units pretty cheaply and I could always viriginize and sell my old NBT to some who wants to retrofit.

The newer unit does seem to respond faster than before, plus I don't have a lag in the bluetooth picking up the phone like I did with my original one.

I also wanted to see if installing a 2014+ unit would trigger any issues with the ISTA/P dealership system as an unapproved part, but was surprised to see that the newer 2014 part was accepted by ISTA/P as a valid part for the vehicle and had no problems with it.

Also gives a little credence to my personal theory about what BMW is going to do about 2013 model 5-series vehicles and BMW Assist in terms of ConnectedDrive since as it stands, 2013 model 5-series vehicles won't be supported after the end of this year but BMW claims to be working on a technical upgrade for those vehicles.
Appreciate 0