01-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #27
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck View Post
Those aren't actually chronograph buttons. Mido has some interesting complications that they throw into play. If you look closely at the picture of my watch you'll see the "Diver's Bezel" is actually underneath the sapphire of my watch. The lower left "button" as you called it is actually a secondary screw down crown which operates the Dive bezel. The crown is unscrewed then unlocked and the bezel rotates freely. It's a quirky little complication that I really liked. The upper "button" is a screw down date adjuster. The two on the right that traverse the crown are standard screw down chronograph buttons.

Really? I mean I was just trying to pass on the idea that there were similar brands that are less known that offer comparable styles. Tag and Breitling are some of the most common watches on the face of the earth once you get out of the entry level market at this point. I wasn't trying to be pretentious, and you bashing the **** out of my watch was pretty childish too. You just insinuated that I was pretentious while calling my watch UGLY (notice capitals) while knowing nothing about the brand at the time (as you admitted you did some more research on them later) My watch is just one example. Mido actually designs a lot of the movements for Omega so bashing it and recommending Omega is also a very interesting and under informed move. . . Talk about the pot calling the kettle black here jeeeeeez.

Anyways, OP, go with the Breitling it seems like you have your heart set. Sorry to have gotten off track I was just trying to point out the fact that I was shopping Breitling and ended up going Mido because I liked the complications.
The OP specifically wanted a watch that is "not in your face or pretentious" and then you go and recommend a watch because it is "not sold in Costco like Tag/Breitling cause they haven't hit the "mainstream"" That is one of the most pretentious things I have read on this forum. Costco also sells Sony and Samsung TVs but I guess those brands are too "mainstream" for you? How about BMWs? Because Costco sells those too.

And yes while I did call your watch ugly (which I still believe it is) that has nothing to do with movement or knowing the companies history. The definition of ugly is "very unattractive or unpleasant to look at". Now tell me, what does that have to do with the movement of a watch that you CAN'T SEE or a brands history? If I saw a Ford Pinto that had a Ferrari engine in it I would still call it ugly even though I might not know anything about the Ford brand and the fact that the Ferrari internals have nothing to do with the outward appearance.

Alpina B3 Flash, JB4 G5, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF DP, VRSF 7" FMIC, 30% tint, matte black kidney grills, paint matched e90 spoiler, paint matched front splitter, black finishing rods, BMW OEM Blacklines, Cyba air scoops, powder coated matte black wheels, Koni + Eibachs, more to come.
Appreciate 0