07-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
Nismo G
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Sedan

Adaptive headlight stuck to the left - No warning

Hi Everyone,

This will be my first post on this forum. I just picked up a used 2008 335xi Sedan this past weekend with 60,000 miles. The car is in great shape with an exception to a couple light scratches, needs new shocks (an excuse to get coilovers), and now i have noticed this issue with the adaptive headlight.

When i turn the car on the driver side headlight moves up and down and levels fine. The passenger side headlight will kind of move to the right and left, but barely to the right at all. When i got outside to look at it, the projector is stuck pointing all the way to the left. When i turn the wheel right, it will move a tiny bit, but really never gets back to center.

I've read a few post on the "lazy eye" and the projector being stuck all the way to the sky. I also read the post on the fix with the arm that has to go back in the socket, but that seemed to be a fix for vertical movement. Any input on this would be awesome!

UPDATE*** So I pulled the bumper this weekend and removed the headlight, but still couldn't figure out how to move the chrome piece...any ideas? I attached pictures of both the passenger and driver side. The passenger side is the one that is more or less "stuck" pointing to the left. It moves a little bit when the lights first turn on, but not much.

driver side with no issues

Last edited by Nismo G; 07-21-2014 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: pictures to help explain
Appreciate 0