05-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Exclamation Euro Cloth Sport Seats

Hey Everyone...

My 2006 330i has about 145,000 miles. Holding up very well after all these years, I have no plans to ever sell the car- it will always be in my family.

I have the light gray interior, leather. The driver seat is starting to look kinda rough. The padding is still in great shape, but the cover is getting very worn in spots.

I really don't like leather interior. If I can replace the seat covers (at least the front) with the same color cloth that was avail in the EU, I would be thrilled. Leather is cold in the winter, hot and sweaty in the summer. Plus, cloth would hold me better in the seats on track days.

Any sources? Has anyone attempted such a thing? Does anyone have any resources as to all the versions of cloth that were available? If the cost isn't prohibitive, I will go this direction. If not, I will look into a local upholsterer to redo the seat, possibly with a cloth or alcantera type material in the same color, as long as the alcantera breaths better than typical leather.

I would love some aftermarket seats for the weight loss, but I doubt they would be any where near as comfortable day to day as the standard sport seats.